Lawn mulch. Why and how to fertilize the lawn with … swaths?
Despite all the adversities: do not throw away, use! For example as a component of compost, litter for flower beds or … swaths – a natural fertilizer for a green lawn. Swaths that arise from grass mulch. An important restorative process that you should remember as part of your spring and summer garden routine.
He brings the damaged lawn back to life. Restore it and strengthen it. This makes the lawn more neat and easy to care for and looks visually appealing during the entire growing season.
A swade can be used as an ecological fertilizer, i.e. freshly cut and additional grass chopped. This is one of the best ways to get the perfect lawn. It is also the cheapest!
Mulchen is definitely better than throwing away the grass section that is left after mowing the lawn. Everyone who has already left her in a garbage bag knows that this wasn’t the best idea …
One day is enough so that the grass rots. The compressed green mass forms an unpleasan t-looking mucus with an unpleasant smell. “It is half as bad” when the released juice does not seep through the bag floor.
Otherwise, rotting cuts cause even more problems. They pollute the trash can from the inside or, worse, the paving stones in the entrance, in front of the house (depending on where the supply companies are waiting for arrival).
A lawn tractor with mulching system helps you to process a large lawn. The wide mower with double cutting kneads at the same time mows the grass, fertilizes the lawn with swaths and … reduces the length of stay in the garden to the necessary minimum! Among other things, there is comfortable and safe driving: Anti-slip wheels that also prevent the lawn from scalping. After work, you can clean the tractor quickly and easily thanks to the sink nozzle.
What is lawnmule?
The mysterious sound process is very easy to explain, understand and, above all, carry out: it is the shredding of freshly cut grass. An important maintenance step for the mulch system, which is used in many stiga lawn mowers and lawn mowers:
1. Garden tractors
- electrical (station wagon),
- Battery (model 1),
- Combustion products (3 in 1 – Turbo Power, 4 in 1 – Combi, multiclip, separate twinclip models).
3. AutoClip Mährer Boter.
Multiclip mower provide excellent muler results. Developed for mulching. This means that as you already know: mowing, mulching and even distribution of the swath on the lawn. With their help at the same time (among other things):
- They reduce the need to water their garden lawn,
- They fertilize their lawn with natural nutrients (macronutrients),
- You save the purchase of finished fertilizer and lawn.
The patented stiga multiclip technology also saves you time. This is due to specially profiled cutting knives and a lon g-lasting chassis that is resistant to mechanical damage. You reduce mowing time by 30 %!
A petrol lawn mower with a mulching function is useful in a large garden to keep the lawn in perfect condition. Effective operation of the machine goes hand in hand with intuitive control; The mowing height can be set in one of several determinations with an ergonomic lever. It’s also easy to carry and store! The ergonomic handle allows you to comfortably move the Mitch anywhere. In addition, the upper part of the steering wheel can be folded to save free space in the garage.
Lawn mulching – benefits
- slows weed growth,
- replaces fertilization; nourishes the lawn,
- eliminates the need to buy fertilizer for the lawn,
- limits on the number of green waste left after housework,
- Reduces mowing time is minimized – without interruptions in emptying the basket,
- Reduces accounts for both garbage collection (green waste) and water.
- Minimizes the evaporation of water from the surface of the soil (the need for it).
Natural grass is so beautiful that it looks like artificial grass folded from a roll. This is the result of correctly and regularly mulching the lawn.
Cross, i.e. Small and additionally shredded grass is one of the best organic fertilizers for the lawn. Contains macro elements that take an active part in restoring the lawn damaged after winter: nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
Nitrogen stimulates the stems to proper growth and development. Minimizes the risk of weeds. In addition, it increases the resistance of crops to diseases and mechanical damage (trample) and caused by undesirable weather conditions (e.g. drought).
Under the influence of nitrogen, young herbs grow intensively, turning out to be a beautiful dark green color and an easy lawyer in care throughout the growing season.
Phosphorus is especially useful for the development of the root system. This, in turn, allows garden plants, including herbs, to easily and freely absorb water, mineral salts and other macro elements (nitrogen, potassium) in the prokos. In addition, phosphorus, like nitrogen, makes the lawn more resistant to pathogens.
Potassium is an equally important part of the role. In addition to the fact that it significantly affects the growth and reproduction of grass, it also protects the lawn from pathogenic fungi. At the same time, it keeps it in good condition.
In spring, summer and autumn, it protects it from frost, trampling, as well as from drought and prolonged intense rain. In winter, however, it minimizes damage to the lawn as a result of frost and melting snow.
It comes in chlorophyll, natural plant pigment. It is thanks to him that the grass turns green and does not have non-aesthetic (yellow) spots.
It directly affects the condition of the blades, protecting them from damage of various origins (intensive use of the lawn, adverse weather).
Calcium also improves the condition of the soil – the reaction (pH) of the soil reduces its acidity. Increases the permeability of the substrate to which water, oxygen and nutrients are required for the grass to have proper growth and to smash freely into the root zone.
The Combi Electric mower comes with a set for mulching. Just remove the basket and connect! The height of the haircut is similar to petrol lawn mowers, ie. H. In multiple positions with one lever. Easily manage the machine and adjust according to the height of the grass! And if you don’t want to mulch, but just want to mow grass, follow the basket filling indicator. You don’t have to guess when to empty it. You will learn about it.
Energizing the lawn by supplying the root layer of herbs with a full set of macro elements needed for proper grass growth and development is one of the many effects of mulched grass.
This unique processing also contributes to a significant improvement in the quality of soil conditions – and not only due to the presence of calcium.
The thin layer of the roller, which is left on the surface on the left, minimizes the evaporation of water from the substrate and reduces the temperature. If the soil maintains the appropriate level of humidity, the lawn will be well covered with turf even with a long absence of precipitation or poor watering.
Regularly mulched lawn does not require additional fertilizers. At the same time, the annoying problem of using mowed grass is solved. 2 kg of cutting blades are consumed annually per 1 m² of dense lawn. As a result, you save on fertilizers and other medications provided for lawn care and protection. In addition, you reduce your green waste collection accounts.
Are you interested in quiet and environmentally friendly advocacy – without noise, exhaust fumes and … cables? Choose Aku Mitch with a Stiga mulch system. Thanks to a powerful lithium-ion battery, 80 can work in a garden of up to 700 m2. Convenient work is provided by a 2.4-inch LCD display that allows you to digitally change the speed and height of mowing. In addition, it shows the battery charge level. You can increase it to 15% by activating Eco mode.
When should I mulch the lawn?
Mulching is not a unanimous operation. You can do this every time you mow! The best results are achieved with regular practice. Every 3 to 5 days during the season. Especially when the condition of the lawn deteriorates with symptoms indicating the decline of the root system. This. If grass:
- stop growing
- loses density, thinner,
- yellow on the entire surface of leaf plates,
- loses immunity; It becomes vulnerable to damage, diseases, weather conditions.
An abandoned or diseased lawn full of cavities requires meticulous care. Mulching is one of the methods that restore great shape to the dog. In addition, they will help to save it longer and especially protect it from adverse weather conditions.
The level of grass and weather conditions also affect the effectiveness of mulching. Mulch mowing gives the best results when performed on a dry and low lawn where the grass has grown to about 4 cm. Then the roll is distributed easily and evenly. Also, it doesn’t rot.
Preparing the lawn for mulching
You need to know (and remember) that the mowed grass should be molested at a slightly different height than the standard mowing with basket collection. It should be shortened by about 1/3 of the height (in the drought – about 1/4).
When you operate a car equipped with a haircut setting function, you control the amount of grass cut and therefore the thickness of the lawn layer. Therefore, you eliminate the risk of the feeling of its surface, which prevents the growth of grass.
How can you mulch a high lawn?
High, juicy grass, not suitable for mulching. It must be properly prepared for this treatment. So mow it. In view of the fact that the blades should not be shortened by more than 1/3 of the length to mow a long grass, it usually has to be several times at the same intervals. After a while it reaches a safe height (approx. 4 cm) to the mulch.
You can rest at will and without regrets. Stiga’s lawnmower takes care of the natural beauty of her lawn! You don’t have to worry during work. AutoClip discovers obstacles that protects against mechanical damage. When the rain begins, it returns to the dock independently; The downpour waits and then continues the work from the place where it was interrupted. He also has a inclination sensor that keeps it in balance when he works on an uneven surface.
Change the direction of movement during processing. If you cut the lawn for the first time in the second passage (using a lawn mower or a lawn mower), trim the lawn in width and vice versa. Thanks to this, mulching will be as neat as possible – the roll is placed over the entire surface of the lawn.
Should I mulch in the garden? Sure! Especially if you want to take care of the environment, take care of your home landscape. A mulch roll is an environmentally friendly, very valuable fertilizer, which, among other things, has a positive effect on the development of herbs and improves the soil conditions that contribute to the intensive extraction of the lawn.
Stiga machines equipped with a mulching system will help you to look after the lawn according to the ECO trend. Everything you have to do is to install nasading for mulching, which crushes slopes grass and distributed evenly in the form of a natural fertilizer along the garden.
Together we take care of the natural beauty of your garden – without using the use of (artificial, chemical) fertilizers or other protective agents of the lawn!
The perfect mulch corresponds to the idea of ecological care for the garden. This is also the result of working with the Stiga Garden technology! The lawn tractor, a lawn mower or a car gorge robo t-gazonocoster with a mulch function, the grass mophes and mulches at the same time. The role in this way is one of the most valuable and at the same time the cheapest green fertilizer that nourishes the root layer perfectly, so that the lawn is evenly covered with a natural, soft grass.
Did you like the article? Be sure to read the following.
You will find even more practical knowledge of the lawn!
1. Nice lawn just like the eye enough!
The best remedies from the grass after winter
2. There is no cable or exhaust.
Lawn care with batteries
3. Mowing is not enough.
What do you have to remember if you want to take care of the condition of the lawn?
Lawn maintenance – basic rules and recommendations for the work of work. Features of lawn care in different seasons of the year
Actions to maintain your preferred emerald sites are common to share:
The mandatory measures include weed control, grass cutting, feeding, moisture of the soil and the garbage collection.
Weed vegetation on the lawn
Gardeners understand plants among weeds that are not part of the original grass mix. Weeds can be on e-yea r-olds, perennials, tree seedlings and even grain. You can get from the earth or from the lawn seed mixture on the lawn. And they can also be brought by streams of melting water and wind.
The appearance of the lawn disrupts weeds – it is no longer uniform. They are also competitors of grain in the consumption of soil resources. The number of mult i-year weeds and their hostility increases when the growth conditions deteriorate from the sown grass, but even competent care does not guarantee that they are missing in the herb. Therefore, both a young green carpet and a ful l-blown carpet should be now being fed.
Weed fighting is hard work. You have to understand that the fight with butterflowers or mountaineers on a ripe quality lawn is the elimination of the results of incorrect care or excessive restoration load.
Because of all this, the best way is to avoid the dominance of weeds on their preferred lawn, the systematic implementation of all necessary agricultural measures.
Lawn: irrigation rules
In summer the lawn needs plenty of water. It should take place early in the morning or in the evening so that the wet grass is not an easy destination for the scorching sun. In high heat, the lawn needs moisture. The required amount of water for irrigation can be determined by the moisture content of the soil. So if water penetrates into a depth of more than 15 centimeters, watering is considered excessive.
The irrigation should be constant because every violation of the schedule can lead to catastrophic results. In summer, the lawn usually has to be watered every three days.
A little bit about herbicides
Weed Warfare is considered a long and exhausting undertaking. As you can see on the lawn care photo, the main tool is a narrow shovel or a knife. They dig out of weeds for several years and try to cut their roots deeper.
However, it is difficult to remove dandelion, etc., especially if the lawn is neglected. Therefore, gardeners are increasingly preferring herbicides – the use of such medication lowers labor costs by 80 – 90%.
Herbicides can have a continuous effect (amitrol-t, roundup) and selectively. The latter type of preparations results in the best result. They contribute to the destruction of dicotyler plants and damage monocotylene, i.e. H. Grain crops, not.
In any case, working with herbicides requires strict compliance with safety precautions. All of these substances are highly toxic. Therefore, spraying with protective glasses, respiratory mask, rubber gloves and boots must be carried out.
You should also not forget the negative consequences for the environment – some medication can remain in the ground for a long time.
Wehrters are an omnipresent phenomenon that you have to constantly deal with. There are two types of weeds – monocotyle and dicotyle. The dikotyledons include wolf milk, arable winds, mountaineers, and their distinction feature is the relative lightness in the fight against them. In order to free the lawn of weeds, it is sufficient to use weeds and herbicides that are harmless to the lawn. Settled weeds such as chicken deer, Buttlachka and on e-year panicle grass do not address slight herbicides. Therefore, you need to use very toxic chemicals that the grass itself can seriously damage. In both cases, now is recommended.
How to maintain young lawn grass
After the end of the lawn, it is necessary to think about the type of care. Here are the recommended key events:
- war with weed vegetation;
- Saving haircut and surgery;
- systematic irrigation;
The first difficulty is the appearance of weed dominance. It is not necessary to pass beforehand. It is enough just to abandon the seedlings with a manual scythe. Two to three procedures are enough for one wave of the wave. Copies that differ in greatest survivability should dig gently. The use of selective herbicides is also appropriate.
After organizing the lawn, it is worth doing it on plywood shields or wide boards for the first few days. In the current year it is impossible to walk and relax on the grass site – dernin should form.
The first haircut of the lawn is carried out as soon as the height of the herbs reaches 15 cm. The lawn mower is used for this purpose. Pointing is carried out at a level of 4 to 5 cm. The second time the procedure is recommended when the grass reaches 7-10 cm. The extreme manipulation occurs in early autumn.
Rolling Lawn – Care
The rolled type of lawn – it requires special care after laying:
- 1st week: The water volume daily in the morning and evening, the water is 25-40 liters per M2.
- Week 2: The first haircut is done across the lawn every other day. After the first mowing, they feed on complex fertilizer.
- 3rd week: watering 2-3 times a week, haircut: you need to perform a second at an angle to the first.
- Subsequently, watering (20 liters per M2) is carried out every two weeks (if necessary – more often).
- Topping is done once a week, the optimal height of the grass is 5 cm. In the feather in the first haircuts, only the top of the blades is cut.
- Feeding the lawn with complex fertilizers is carried out three times a year.
Rules for maintaining the formed lawn
All the measures that lawn experts have been taking care of for many years share mandatory, helpful and special ones. The first group is weeding, haircut, top dressing, soil moisture and garbage collection. The second includes mulching, aeration, rollers. The third group is the preventive measures aimed at preventing the appearance of moss, pests, fungi and moles.
Here is the main rule for. The existence of a living carpet is impossible without a regular haircut. But along with trimmed leaves and stems from the ecosystem, a significant portion of the minerals disappear, meaning self-heating of the herb is difficult. Therefore, after a mowing is required to add top dressing.
And in order to accelerate the flow of nutrients to the roots of plants, it is necessary to moisten the soil. The beauty, functionality and durability of the green coating depends on the strictness of following the scheme.
Calculating the doses of the mineral top dressing
It is commonly believed that 1 sq. One meter of lawn requires 24g of nitrogen, 36g of phosphorus and 24g of potassium. Gardeners are advised to give preference to home fertilizers, for example, ammonium and potassium nitrate.
We proceed to the calculation. As you know, the nitrogen content in the ammonium nitrate is 34.5%, the double superphosphate is 50% phosphorus, and 60% potassium is in the chlorist. Based on the season, it is necessary to add about 70g of ammonium nitrate and superphosphate and 60g of potassium salt in the soil.
concern in the fall
The key task in the autumn period is the harvesting of garbage. Running the fallen leaves is only the first stage in preparing the lawn for winter. You must immediately clean the herbal coating from the leaves. This is the only way to prevent the intermediate stretch and appearance of the fungus.
Below you will find a list of other necessary measures for the care of lawn in autumn:
- Top dressing.
- Pyatnimin saws deposited diagrams.
The process of leaving the lawn etc.) 1. A haircut is one of the most important measures for regular care that not only supports the appearance of the lawn. But it is also a means to fight weed fights, most of which do not tolerate haircut. The vaccinating also stimulates the plants to develop vegetatively: – bite on the surface of the floor and form additional shoots; – form a dense lawn, growing rhizome. The hair cutting time takes place from Mi d-Spring to the middle of the car. The haircut frequency depends on the types of saturated herbs, weather, season, etc. They have to cut frequent rains more often in spring and early autumn. The height of the haircut – on an ordinary lawn grass is cut at a height of 4 cm on the stable lawn – no height of 3 cm. No more than 3-4 cm is cut for each haircut. If the location is very overgrown during its absence, the haircut is carried out in several receptions with an interval of several days, which gradually goes to the desired height. Ukos – stress for plants and grass is easier to recover when it is cut several centimeters. Recommendations: – Free lawn free of objects that could damage the lawn mower (wire, stones, etc.), use a broom, a rake; – Cut the lawn when grass and floor are dry (the wheels of the lawn mowers do not slide out and do not leave any traces, the mower is not clogged with wet grass). – Before the haircut (especially on the sporty lawn) the crushed grass with a rake, a broom, a light Harrow; – Take the subsequent haircut over the previous or diagonally – to avoid an unequal effort of the soil. – Read the instructions for the operation of the lawn mower carefully and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for preparing for work, work and maintenance after work; – On small lawns with hard places, it is easier to use trimmers (mower with a fishing line) in large areas, in large areas of rotation or drum mower. 2. irrigation is an important regular lawn care event. Moisture is one of the necessary conditions for growth and development of plants, including several years of lawn. It is particularly necessary for light, sandy soils with deep groundwater. Where rainwater through the upper layer in deeper and the root system of the herbs that are (mainly) are missing in the upper floor, the moisture is missing. In order to increase the drought tolerance of grass on such floors and dry regions, the following measures are carried out: – Make phosphord fertilizers in autumn or spring to stimulate root formation; – mulching the surface of the lawn, which reduces the evaporation of moisture from the ground, stimulating the formation of new shoots; – In dry periods, let mowed grass on the lawn, which also reduces the evaporation of water from the ground. The water is advisable in the evening because the water is well absorbed into the ground at night and is not only absorbed by the upper part of the root system of plants, but also with roots in deeper layers of soil. Serious evaporation occurs during watering during the day – the desired effect is not achieved.
3. The fertilization is necessary both on sterile floors as a source of the nutrients necessary for plants and on fertile soils to improve the development of the grass root system, increase the density and to maintain the properties of the lawn, such as: B.: – bright, even green color; – Tread resistance; – the formation of dense lawn; – Fast recovery after loads; – suppression of weeds by herbs; – Resistance of herbs against diseases. Feed your lawn with fertilizers that contain nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and trace elements. You can do this during the entire growing season, the frequency of fertilization depends on the condition of the lawn and soil fertility. It is recommended to fertilize after scissors and combine the fertilization with watering. In addition, nitrogen should prevail in the composition of fertilizers in spring and summer and phosphorus and potassium in early spring and autumn. It is better to use grainy fertilizers that are spread over the floor surface and then watered. Top dressing with pure nitrogen fertilizer can be carried out by the leaves and stems by plants by spraying carbamide (urea) in the correct ratio (see on the packaging) over the lawn. After this treatment, the lawn must not be irrigated during the day.
4. Mulchen – Uniform distribution of loose, fertile soil material over the lawn surface. Purpose: – to compensate for the bumps of the soil during the season; – build a fertile topsoil over time; – Increase the herb, as the grass has the opportunity to form new side shoots; – Reduction of the evaporation of moisture from the ground. Preparation of the mixture for mulching: – Every component of the mixture must be dry and relaxed; – Mix all ingredients thoroughly. For clay floors: – 5 volume parts sand; – 3 parts of fertile soil; – 2 parts peat * fertilized earth from your location can be used as a breeding ground. For sandy floors: – 4 parts peat; – 4 parts of fertile soil; – 2 parts of sand. For normal floors: – 3 parts peat; – 3 parts of sand; – 4 parts of this earth. The mulch is carried out in early autumn. Before mulching, the lawn is mowed and resolved to clean it from felt and other organic material that has accumulated during the season. Spread the mixture evenly on the lawn surface in an amount of 2-4 kg/m². On heavy clay soils, a garden fork is stung in front of the mulch.
5. The trimming of the lawn edges is divided into horizontal and vertically. The horizontal trim is carried out to prevent the growth of rhizomes and vegetative drives of lawn grass in other areas (flower beds, beds, etc.) and to give the lawn clear and regular shapes. A trimmer, a chopper and a crescen t-shaped shovel are used. Vertical trimming – mowing areas that are inaccessible to some lawnmowers (around tree trunks, along the curb, etc.) Recommendations: – Try immediately after mowing the lawn; – Use the following tools: lon g-stemmed scissors, shor t-stemmed scissors, electrical trimmers, electrical rake.
6. Combing is recommended to obtain the lawn properties. Purpose: – to raise drifts and leaves (after a picnic or sporting events); – prevent the rotting of crushed grass. This technology should be carried out after intensive stress in connection with trampling and before cutting. In this case, garden rakes and subjects are used. If no haircut is planned after combing, irrigation is carried out to quickly recover the grass after the store.
7. The cleaning of the lawn of dirt is carried out to maintain the optimal water-air regime on the construction site. Clean it regularly from leaves, mowed grass and dirt: – in spring – after the snow has melted; – in summer – after mowing with mowers without a bunker to collect grass; – In autumn – when the leaves fall. Ordinary garden or computing, a lawn vacuum cleaner, a broom is also suitable. Keep in mind that mown grass, fallen leaves, needles of conifers as well as waste products from birds and animals that lie on the lawn for a long time lead to the formation of a felt layer, the rainwater does not allow the lawn to be ventilated. The constant moisture of this layer in autumn and spring contributes to the development of diseases.
8. Ventilation – stinging of the floor up to a depth of 3-10 cm. All of this slows down the growth and development of grass. In order to maintain an optimal gas exchange, the area must be treated with a dental or cutting fan, you can also use a garden fork. It is best to do this in spring and summer. The number of treatments per season depends on the degree of soil compression. It is not necessary to edit the entire area, this is only possible in a striking compressed positions.
9. Drilling the floor is carried out to maintain an optimal water regime and improve the soil drainage. The operation is recommended for heavy clay floors, where the water often stagnates after rain and snow melt. It is recommended to stab up to a depth of 10-25 cm in order to let water flow into deeper layers of soil. Garden hay forks are used for this. Forks with hollow teeth are used every 2-3 years. This operation must be carried out more appropriately in dry weather in spring and autumn.28.04.2021
When it comes to grass care in winter, it is important to protect against external influences and any stress. It is not recommended to hike on the grass after growth has been stopped at all.
A careful walk is only allowed after the lawn is covered with snow. In addition, his layer should be impressive. But if it is not necessary, it is better to avoid the lawn so as not to accidentally damage the lawn.
Gardening is usually discouraged by activities related to cleaning, distributing and snowing the lawn. Only one action may be necessary – if an ice crust has formed on the surface of the grass planting due to the weather conditions, it is desirable to destroy it.
The lawn is an incredibly beautiful element of the landscape. When deciding to break it, it is important to remember the need to maintain the green area. In principle, lawn care is not difficult. The main thing is to do it regularly.
This is the time when the grass goes into winter rest. The lawn care in winter has its own peculiarities. During wintering, it is desirable to protect your lawn from stress. The strain of the lawn is only permitted with a snow depth of at least 20 cm.
However, do not allow the formation of an ice crust – this prevents the oxygen flow. If crust has still formed, try to carefully destroy them with a rake.
Paths that border on the lawn should never be sprinkled with salt.
In February you should think of garden tools – sharpen the lawn mower knife, do tool inventory.