How to carry out the grape processing with copper sulfate properly in the pen and why is it necessary
The processing of grapes with copper sulfate in spring are carried out to protect the system from fungal infections and insects, maintain protective forces and maintain the top dressing. This is a traditional tool that is simply prepared – it is enough to observe shares and safety precautions. Grain powder is quickly dissolved in water and combined with bastard lime and urea. How and for what copper sulfate is used in the garden – we will tell in the article.
Why do grapes process with copper sulfate in spring
Copper sulfate is a copper sulfate (sulfuric acid), a contact that is used to combat putrefaction, steam, stains and saturation with copper.
The substance is used to feed grapes that are bred on lean floors (sandstones, peat equipment). Copper supports photosynthesis and increases the protective forces of grapes. Damage to the rag with mushrooms recovered exactly on the lack of feed. The absence of nutrients is shown by the slow development of young shoots and the white ends of foliage.
Relation. Vinograms are soaked in 1-3% solution of copper sulfate before planting fungal infections to prevent fungal infections.
Advantages and disadvantages of processing
The use of copper sulfate has positive aspects:
- The substance is available in every horticultural business.
- broad area of activity;
- Effective destruction of mushrooms;
- Treatment and prevention of many vicinity.
- High toxicity;
- The substance accumulates in the ground, in the green mass and in the fruits;
- With uncontrolled use, it causes burns of leaves and roots.
Comparison with iron sulfate
Copper and iron sulfate differ in composition and properties. Comparative properties are shown in the table.
Cuso4 (copper, sulfur, oxygen)
FESO4 (iron, sulfur, oxygen)
Iron sulfate is less toxic to the environment and cheaper than copper sulfate. A solution of iron sulfate is used as a fungicide, although copper is considered more effective. After spraying the spring, the kidneys wake up for several days. Such processing is carried out to minimize the destructive effects of return frosts in early spring.
The conditions of processing
The spring processing of the vine is carried out immediately after the melting of snow. This has to be done to destroy fungal and fistworm infections as well as insect pests.
Specific terms depend on climatic conditions in the regions. The first spray is often carried out at the end of March. During this time, insects are activated, but their concentration in the soil and in the vine is too low, so they cannot cause any serious damage. The processing takes place at air temperature +3 … +5 ° C in dry, calm weather in the morning or in the evening. Before you spray from the vine, remove the cover material (needles, dry leaves, spruce gun, brushwood) and burn. Protection against boards, slate, plywood is treated with the same solution of copper sulfate.
The processing on the green leaves before and after flowering takes place carefully and observes the dosage strictly. The bushes are diluted before the procedure – they remove excess young shoots.
Relation. The grape processing in the south is carried out more frequently than in the north. This is due to weather conditions that are favorable for the development of fungal and lazy infections. Spring processing is often sufficient in the northern regions, in the southern regions the vine is sprayed 3-4 times.
How to prepare a solution correctly
Copper sulfate is a slightly soluble powder, it is best in warm water. Even a beginner will be ready with the production of the solution. To spray the vineyard, it is recommended to prepare a large volume immediately.
In order to create a solution of pure copper sulfate, metal containers cannot be used, especially galvanized and iron. This leads to damage to the container and the solution itself. The walls of the vessel cover the plaque of metal copper. Therefore, gardeners use plastic buckets and glasses.
Procedure to prepare a 1% solution:
- Measure 10 liters of distilled water and warmly warm.
- Pour 100 g granules into the water with a slow current.
- Drink the liquid until the granulate has completely dissolved.
- If the sediment stays on the ground, burden the solution by gauze.
- Pour the finished liquid into a container with a spray.
The finished solution of copper sulfate has a light blue color. The flow rate of the work fluid per bush is 1.5-2 liters.
How to process grapes with the resulting solution
The order of the spray of the vineyard is standard and does not depend on the processing time:
- First spray the top of the bush.
- Then switch to the medium level.
- Next, the sleeves and the run are processed.
- In the end, the support is processed.
- The mouthpiece of the sprayer is removed from the bush at a distance of 10 to 20 cm, the electricity is directed from top to bottom.
When working with copper sulfate, it is recommended to observe security measures:
- Use protective gloves, glasses, clothes and respiratory protection.
- Do not mix granules with other substances except lime, urea and soap.
- Perform the work in the early morning or evening after sunset so that the drops last longer on the branches.
- Perform the process in dry, calm weather.
- Through the bushes, water the support to which the vine is bound, since the pathogens of fungal diseases also spread to it.
- It is recommended to shake the mixture. Small particles turn down to the floor, and first water occurs in the bush and then a concentrated solution that causes burns of plant tissue.
- Distribute the solution evenly and prevent excessive irrigation under the bush. To protect the floor, it is recommended to lay dense polyethylene.
- Experienced gardeners are recommended to use a small pump or electrical spray devices.
- Pour the rest of the solution into a deep hole outside the vineyard – in a place where the landing of garden plants is not planned.
Use of copper sulfate with other medication
Copper sulfate can be combined with urea for spring grapes processing. Urly or urea is a concentrated nitrogen fertilizer (46% nitrogen) that is completely safe for plants. The granules of the substance quickly dissolves into water and does not care during a longer storage. In summer, a 0.5-1% solution for sheet-top dressing of bushes is used. In spring, more saturated 5-7%solution are used.
- 700 g urea are taken for 8 liters of water and mix until the granules dissolved.
- 100 g copper sulfate is dissolved in 0.5 liters of water.
- A sulfate solution with a thin current is poured into a urea solution and a volume of up to 10 liters is brought.
Another popular liquid among gardeners is the Bordeaux mixture. The working solution is prepared at once and is not stored. A ready-made mixture with a litmus strip for determining acidity is on sale. However, the liquid can be made independently.
To prepare a 1% solution, you need to take three plastic containers. Dissolve 100 g of copper sulfate in the first, 200 g of slaked lime in the second, and mix both solutions in the third. A nail is suitable for determining the acidity. It is immersed in the finished solution for 5-7 minutes. If copper plating appears on the surface, you need to add some lime. The absence of plaque indicates a properly prepared solution.
To prepare a 3% solution, use the same plastic container:
- In a container, dissolve 300 g of copper sulfate in 5 liters of water.
- In another container, mix 400 g of lime and 5 liters of water.
- In the third container, both solutions are mixed, which should take on a cloudy blue tint.
It is not recommended to combine copper sulfate with insecticides and alkaline agents. If necessary, an interval of two weeks is observed between treatments.
Copper sulfate does not lose its popularity among gardeners, despite the emergence of new means of combating insects and fungal diseases. The finished solution has an antiseptic effect, saturates the plants with copper and supports their immunity. In early spring, a concentrated solution of pure copper sulfate is used, constantly shaking the mixture during the spraying process. The granules can be mixed with urea and slaked lime.
Grape processing with copper sulfate in spring
After the winter, the weather is not always stable. Temperature jumps create favorable conditions for the development of fungal diseases. Processing grapes with copper sulfate in the spring is one of the most important points at this stage of plant development. This procedure will help save the crop.
Grape processing with copper sulfate in spring
About copper sulfate
In another way, the remedy is called “copper sulfate.” It is a protective contact fungicide in the form of powder or crystals, blue or blue in color. The substance is toxic, and therefore poses a threat to human health. It causes irritation of the mucous membranes, bronchial cough, nosebleeds. In case of skin contact, wash with plenty of running water.
When spraying, copper sulfate does not penetrate the plant, but covers it with a film. It has antiseptic, disinfectant and fireproof properties. Spring spraying of grapes with copper sulfate is a very important and popular procedure. It is used for preventive and therapeutic purposes. One of the advantages of the tool is its availability.
If used incorrectly, copper sulfate can harm the plant. In its pure form, the drug is not used, and its excessive concentration in the solution can provoke burns on the culture, so the recommendations for operation are strictly followed and the conditions of treatment are observed. When copper sulfate enters the soil in excess, its fertility decreases. This has a negative impact on returns.
field of use
Copper sulfate is used:
- as a component of fertilizers;
- to disinfect the earth.
Preparations based on fungicide contain substances that help reduce the toxicity of the agent, but do not reduce its advantageous properties. The high acidity of the substance is neutralized by adding hot water. The solution is also added to wash soap that guarantees liability for plants.
In spring, grapes can be treated as part of the Bordeaux mixture with copper sulfate. It is prepared in various parts:
- Stark 3%: 300 g copper sulfate, 400 g of deleted lime are given in 1 bucket of water;
- Save 1%: 100 g of the substance, 100 g lime are given on 1 bucket of water.
To prepare the mixture, take a wood, glass or plastic container, but no metal. First, a fungicide is diluted in a small amount of hot water, then cold is added. The resulting liquid is slowly poured into lime milk. But not the other way around.
The solution is stirred regularly for 3-4 hours. If this does not happen, heavy lime settles on the ground and pulls copper sulfate with it.
Such a tool harms plants if it is used. It can burn the vine. Add no water or other antifungals to the finished liquid. The mixed mix is filtered before use.
Processing time in spring
Copper sulfate of pests
Manipulations with the vine are carried out as soon as the bush wakes up after winter. The processing of the grapes in spring with copper sulfate takes place in 3 stages:
- In early spring before the buds swell. The first time is sprayed before the occurrence of green. This is in the southern regions in mi d-March, in other periods they are calculated according to the climatic conditions of the region. Take into account the time at which the grapes are removed from the shelter.
- At the beginning of the warm days when insects are activated. It is often referred to as backup. You can spray fungicides regardless of the weather conditions.
- During the flowering period.
Processing is worthwhile on dry, windless days. The day should be cloudy so that the sun rays do not cause burns on wood and leaves. For this reason, the evening is chosen to spray. The use of the drug does not lead to the desired result if it rains immediately after the treatment. Product not reuse, otherwise the copper sulfate content will become too high in the ground.
The substance works 2-4 hours after the treatment. With an ambient temperature of approx. 15 ° C, the product lasts up to 12 days. If the indicators rise to 25 ° C, the period is reduced to 7 days.
How to spray
Before treating the grapes with copper sulfate in spring, the following measures are carried out to prevent diseases:
- Remove the remnants from the surface of the earth: pathogenic bacteria, various mushrooms and pests often hibernate in it;
- disinfect the earth with a fungicide solution;
- Produce hygienic cutting culture.
You can treat the plant for the first time with a copper sulfate solution. At this stage there are no additives that reduce the acidity of the substance. The tool is prepared with the following components:
- 50-100 g copper sulfate;
- 1 bucket of water;
- 100-150 g wash soap in a shredded form.
First, blue powder is grown in water. As a result, a concentrated solution of the saturated blue shade is obtained. After adding the remaining amount of liquid. The solution is used freshly prepared, it should not be stored. The soil and vine are sprayed thoroughly, moving from bottom to top. When obvious signs of the disease are visible, the lower parts of the trunks and shoots are also lubricated. After this procedure, plants acquire a blue tint.
The second spraying of grapes with copper sulfate is carried out using a 3% burgundy mixture. During the growing season, they process the same tool, but its concentration should be 1%. The burgundy liquid also produces an effective culture impact, which includes a sulphide copper and a calcified soda.
ferrous sulfate processing
The drug is widely used in the garden as it is enriched with iron in the form of plants. Its use is like spraying with a copper sulfate. The processing of grapes with ferrous sulfate in the spring differs only in the type of liquid and its preparation. After removing the insulation layer for young plants, the drug is used in the following dosage: 50 g of the substance per 1 bucket of water (0.5% solution). For an older vine, the concentration is doubled: they have a thicker skin. The drug creates a protective film on the bush. With the help of spraying, you can achieve the following results:
- protect plants from diseases and pests;
- You fertilize them.
The culture after processing blooms 14 days later than other bushes. So that it develops better and sprays plants from plants. Then calus and small roots are formed in the lower sections, and the buds do not open yet. Ferrous sulfate spraying of grapes in early spring must be done before the threshold point. If the processing was not carried out on time, and the green leaves are already used up on the vine, then the use of the drug will be postponed: during this development of crop development, the funds will harm.
Processing of grapes in the spring from diseases and pests with copper sulfate is necessary for their good growth, the formation of healthy and high-quality berries and the prevention of fungal spores.
This procedure is also carried out in autumn periods to protect the crops. Follow all the recommendations on the terms and dosages of the drug, you can achieve high productivity.