Lately, a large number of technical grapes have spread in Russia, which are well adapted to the weather conditions of the middle zone. People call this variety Mukuzani. Winemakers claim that wine can only be obtained from such varieties with unique properties.
A little story
It has its name from the Georgian wine “Mukuzani”, which is made from separavi grapes. This grape recently appeared in the vastness of Russia. Her first breeders were Georgian winegrowers. It was happened to be found in a small Georgian village in the Kachei valley. Thanks to its unique qualities, this variety gradually reached the regions of Saratov and Woronech and continues to move north.
On a note! Mukuzani grapes have perfectly adapted to the climatic conditions of the middle zone due to their early ripening period. The harvest begins at the end of August.
A wine drink made from this grape is becoming increasingly popular with the residents of Russia. And although it is a vineyard, it is quite cute and her taste is full. The specific grape aroma of Mukuzani spreads from the beginning of flower to harvest in the vine.
Description of the Mukuzani grape variety from Woronech
Strictly speaking, it cannot be referred to as a variety. The fact is that he did not pass the state examination and is not in the official register. However, there is such a variety of grapes. There are a number of characteristics that distinguish it from others.
Properties that are only peculiar to him:
- The wine sheet has a round shape, its color is dark green. Deep cuts are visible over the entire surface of the sheet. The leaves consists of three or five rags.
- The shoots of this variety develop very active and up to three grapes can form on everyone. They are usually conical, but sometimes they are cylindrical. The structure of the bundle is very dense. The average length is 30 cm.
- The yield of this variety is impressive and the maturation of the vine is excellent. The berries of a shrub are sufficient to produce 50 liters of juice or wine.
- The size of the berries is quite small, but this is a characteristic feature of all types of wine. Their color is dark violet, sometimes black.
- The sugar content can achieve 22 % or more.
- The grape bush consists of separate sleeves. Each sleeve has a fruit arrow
- The juice of the pulp corresponds to the standards of the wine grape variety and is 80-86 percent.
The variety is unique in that it withstands strict frosts and does not require warming. The most striking is that the yield of this variety does not drop after a strict winter and sometimes even becomes higher. It was experimentally proven that this grape withstands frost up t o-30 degrees Celsius.
Fertility of the Mukuzani grape
Characteristics of agricultural technology
It is difficult to imagine a better grape variety for the Woronech region than Mukuzani. On request, however, it can also be grown in the northern regions of Russia. To do this, you have to compensate for the not very suitable climate with nutrien t-rich, fertile soil. The care of grapes of this variety does not differ significantly from the care of other varieties that do not need protection.
Grapes are an optimal soil with a neutral acid. Before that, it is necessary to add complex mineral fertilizers. Two weeks before the seedlings win their permanent place in the ground, they have to be excavated, get rid of weed grass and destroy the larvae of all insects. To plant cuttings, you have to choose a warm spring day so that the first adjustment of the system takes place in the middle of the call.
The seedlings stop two or three days before planting so that the cuttings deal with the cuttings. In the ditch, which was prepared in advance, landing pits with a diameter of 30 cm and 25 to 30 cm are made. Red brick fragments are placed on the bottom of the hole or just a lump of sound. Fertile floor, mixed with fine sand, is filled with a hollow. The plant together with the clump of the earth is installed on the hill. Before falling asleep in the Landeloch, a handful of ashes are placed in the roots. The hole is covered with the second eye of the cuttings. Plant is completed with plenty of irrigation.
Note! Some experienced grapes are added to the hole under the roots of plants. It is assumed that grain will help the roots to gain a foothold.
Mukuzani grapes regularly need the bushes and cut unnecessary shoots. If this is not done in time, the berries will probably be fully matured to the end, and the development of the vine will be uneven. The spring cutting of steady grape varieties takes place in March depending on the winter duration in the first or second decade. This operation must be carried out before the kidneys swell and start intensive sapotage. Some shoots freeze in winter and have to be removed.
The vine is cut off in autumn so that it is better prepared for winter.
First, the underdeveloped and growing shoots are broken down from below. Double and three-time shoots are also subject to distance. The most developed drives remain and thanks to them, the subsequent rejuvenation of the bush occurs. With this process you can regulate the future harvest together with the pinch.
So that the plant does not extend in length, the tops of the green shoots are removed. As a result of this operation, the main stream of nutrients is directed to inflorescences. This must be done in two or three for the flower.
So that the vineyard develops normally, it is necessary to overthrow it regularly. There should be no weeds and additional plants near the vineyard that feed on the grape juice. The upper part of the floor can be regularly replaced by new, more nutritious soil.
The fight against pests
The protection of the vineyard against pests should be carried out systematically, regardless of whether insects are available on plants or not. In addition, this should be done before flowering.
There are currently only a few diseases and pests in the northern regions of Russia. Basically, the northern vineyards suffer from mildew (Oidium). Those who want to receive an environmentally friendly harvest can be advised instead of “chemistry”. Russian grapes treat the Oidium with a ten percent infusion of Mullein. In the United States, a new method was recently developed, in which a new method was developed that includes the use of a solution to the metal serum.
Further information. If a rose plant at the ends of the grid, it will be the first to signal the onset of the disease and the need to take certain measures.
The amount of watering depends on the weather. If the land is dry by the end of spring and is not expected in the near future, it is at this time that the first watering must be carried out. Previously, the vine must be tied to the lower trellis. Mukuzani variety requires the same watering as most technical varieties. Gardeners with experience, a young vine, under three years old, are not superficial, but through the pipes dug between the bushes.
Sample wash time:
- The first time should be watered abundantly. It will be good in the water to dissolve dry ash. 4 buckets of water of 0.5 liters are poured under the bush. Ash.
- The second time the vineyard is watered a week before flowering.
- During flowering, watering is not only pointless, but also harmful. A lot of moisture during this period leads to a massive discharge of the flower, and the berry does not have time to bind.
- After flowering, a third watering will be required again when the soil is dry.
- Once the fruits of the grapes start to color, there is no need to water them. Gathering around the vineyard can lead to the fact that many fruits will be unripe.
- The fourth, mandatory irrigation for all grape varieties is carried out in late autumn. It is obligatory that the charge of moisture in the soil allows the plant to more easily transfer the harsh winter.
Important! It is not suitable to water after a vineyard. Wet leaves and moist surface of the soil provoke some diseases. It is better to use the underground irrigation method, in which water is directed directly to the root of the plant, into the deep layers of the soil.
Many gardeners grow this strain solely to decorate a home or gazebo. In this case, you can not particularly think about where to plant it – it will grow on any soil, and he will not need additional deviation. It is enough to cut the vine once a year and vaccinate it in new places. Pruning is required to maintain the shape of the crown. Filming for the winter is usually not covered, but to save the VONE from pests and fungal diseases, they are collected together, and then bend.
The undoubted advantages of such a variety of grapes as Mukuzani include:
- Frost resistance, which allows you to grow grapes without shelter;
- high yield;
- Unpretentiousness in leaving a novice amateur gardener can cope with its cultivation.
- And finally, you can make a beautiful wine out of it.
The dark-bearded color of the drink with a characteristic purple hue is difficult to confuse with any other. Such a wine more than once at tastings took prizes.
It seems that this variety does not have any pronounced flaws. It is difficult to find a more suitable variety for the middle strip. The disadvantages can be attributed, except that its varietal feature is the small size of the berry. However, it must be understood that this is a characteristic feature of all technical varieties of grapes.
Mukuzan i-grapes: description, growing rules, reviews of gardeners
Perfectly grown in areas with a cool climate, Mukuzani’s dark grapes bring a bountiful harvest. The variety is bred in Georgia. Absolutely unpretentious variety in care, frost-resistant, does not require shelter for the winter, which greatly facilitates the work of wine growers. It is often grown to frame the landscape, beautiful foliage and vines perfect for all supports. It turns out to be a very tasty red dry wine.
Description of the Mukuzani variety
Mukuzani grapes, this is a hybrid variety. Foliage has a beautiful elegant shape, dark green. The variety grows very quickly. Young shoots can bear fruit this season. Everyone escapes in front of 3-4 clusters. The shape of the clusters is beautiful, cylindrical. The length is about 30 cm.
Incredible yield, from one bush Mukuzani you can get up to 50 liters. Fault.
Berries of a dark purple variety with large bones inside. They have a sour, noble taste. Many gardeners claim that the colder the winter, the better the taste of the berries. Mukuzani grapes belongs to the early nation variety of ripening 110-120 days, the harvest starts in mid-August.
Pros and cons of diversity
Mukuzani surprises with its qualities, endurance and yields.
- Beautiful appearance can be grown to decorate the site.
- Incredible productivity of diversity.
- The sugar content in berries is 22-23%.
- Technical variety to get an excellent wine.
- It withstands frosts up t o-30 degrees.
- Does not require protection.
- Wasps and other pests do not touch the grape bushes.
- Unearned in leaving.
- Transported perfectly.
- The fruit ripens at the same time.
- The variety is subject to mildu if they do not carry out timely prevention.
- The rapid development of shoots requires frequent pruning.
As you can see, Mukuzani has a lot of positive qualities, in which a small minus does not matter.
How best to choose a permanent place, how to plant grapes correctly, the growth and fruiting of the bush depends on it. For the active growth of seedlings, constant cleaning from weeds is required. Weeds feed on the grape juice, suck out all the moisture, which can lead to drying of the root system.
time and place of landing
Mukuzani is better to grow near buildings and structures, arbors. Grapes will beautifully wrap the walls. To plant the variety requires neutral acid soil. Otherwise, the whole crop will have a sour taste. Chalk, dolomite flour or lime can be added to the soil for balance. Also introduce organic fertilizers and minerals for power supply. Mukuzani planting is best done in spring. On a warm, sunny day. preparatory work:
- Dig the land for planting seedlings.
- Remove all weeds.
- If you need to do disinfection.
The choice of seedlings
Landing of the variety is in cuttings. The vine of the Mukuzani grapes matches completely. Cuttings are taken and rooted quickly, tend to have less tendency to disease.
For planting grapes, mukuzani is better to dig a trench than individual holes. If there is a landing of several bushes of the variety. Don’t forget to land at least 2m away. Steps:
- 2-3 days before planting, seedlings do not need to be watered. This creates the formation of a coma around the roots.
- Digging in trenches dig a hole about 30 cm.
- Put pebbles, gravel on the bottom for drainage.
- Lay a mixture of fertile soil and sand over the drainage.
- Dip the seedling on the formed mound.
- Send the roots ash.
- Water the remaining soil up to the 2nd eye of the seedling, compact everything.
- It is good to water with water.
Important: Many gardeners recommend barley when planting in a hole. It is believed that the seedling of the Mukuzani variety will quickly grow stronger and take root.
Mukuzani grapes, a technical variety and does not require special care. The most important thing for this strain is the pruning.
The amount of irrigation depends on the weather in the area. If at the end of May the soil is very dry and rain is not expected, the first watering is required. Tie the vine of variety and water gently under the root. Irrigation dates that may vary by region:
- The first watering for the grape bush is plentiful. A good way to add ash at the rate of 250g of ash per 40 liters of water.
- Water the second time 7 days before flowering.
- During flowering, the Mukuzani variety does not need watering, it is harmful. Moisturizer will lead to flower fall, there will be no time for a new ovary.
- When collecting juice by berries, watering is also prohibited. This is fraught with the fact that the fruit will be immature.
- The latest watering is carried out in the fall, when the grapes drop their leaves. Moisture will help the vineyard survive the winter.
IMPORTANT: Mukuzani is not suitable for spreading after grapes. Wet leaves can cause fungal diseases.
For the first time in 2 years, young Mukuzani seedlings are not required by organic feeding. The first top dressing is done for the growth of vines of fruit. To stimulate flowering, top dressing will add on the basis of: 15 g of ammonium nitrate, 20 g of potassium salt, after 7 days add 5 g of boric acid. During the carpel mukuzani, good top dressing of: 40G superphosphate and 20g magnesia.
The most important care of the Mukuzani variety, like the “long-awaited”, is pruning the vine. The bush grows very quickly, you need to monitor the standardization of the number of clusters. During the season is formed on the grapevine on the grapevine. If all the shoots are left, this will lead to a complete decline in the crop. Therefore, the main pruning for Mukuzani occurs in the spring. For the grape variety, Mukuzani, like the “Monarch”, is carried out in early March. This must be done before the first eyes appear. First you need to conduct a sanitary inspection of the entire bush: remove weak branches, broken, crumbling shoots.
In the fall, the main pruning of all grapevines is done to aid in appearance and health.
Preparation for winter
So that the grapes do not freeze in winter, you do not need to be lazy and it is better to hide, especially when it comes to young seedlings. preparatory work:
- Mandatory pruning of all Mukuzani grapes.
- Talk the ground around the bush.
- Clean the soil from weeds.
- Remove bunches from support.
- Bend the vine prepared on the prepared layer of plywood carefully.
- Cover with spruce branches, burlap, film.
Mukuzani is a frost-resistant bush and does not require shelter. But if it is winter in the region of growing snow, it is better to play it safe and cover the grapes.
diseases and pests
Mukuzani is in some diseases.
It affects the entire plant at once, yellow spots are formed on the leaves. To combat the best tool for using Bordeaux Fluid. Also perform prevention through Acrobat and Topaz.
Deformation of the berries, the appearance of white pollen on the leaves. The treatment is not effective. But you can perform spraying Horus, Antrakol before and after flowering. Copper sulfate processing also helps well.
column of vinegar
At the beginning of ripening, the fruits are exposed to a middle of Drosophila. This insect multiplies rapidly, eating the pulp of the berries, turning them brown and the color of the paint-board. Damaged fruit smell like vinegar rot. It is necessary to treat the Opper Opekot, Zenit fungicides.
The harvest begins from mid-August to early September, and the berries are cut by a secateur. The ripeness of the berries can be checked with a refractometer. Or taste the juiciness and sweetness of mukuzan berries. When the berry is blackened, it turns into raisins, which means the grapes have already swarmed. If the varieties are hard berries, this means that the grapes have not yet ripened. Put small boxes for transportation.
Mukuzani grapes are in high demand. Excellent wine, high productivity, frost resistance and beautiful appearance, rich taste of berries come from it. For a good harvest, you need to properly care for the grape variety.