Regular and correct haircut of the hedge is a very important condition for this decorative part of the garden to always please you with its fresh green and neat look. The haircut gives the hedge a neat decorative look, and also contributes to the formation of a thicker crown, increased growth of side branches and leaves.
Hecke haircut tools
- They hurt the plant less,
- After such a haircut there are more living leaves,
- The haircut itself is done more carefully.
- Electric scissors.
When preparing the tool, it is important to make sure
How to cut a hedge
To give the hedge, an integrated form with even lines, the haircut is performed along a stretched cut or using a special frame for a hedge made of light-colored wire.
- For the first 2 years, the hedges of young plants need a single annual haircut for the first 2 years, which is carried out in early spring or late autumn.
- In the future, by necessity, the number of haircuts per season can be increased to 2-3 times a year.
- Plants with a slightly formed crown are cut in half lengthwise.
- The branches of well-formed mature plants are cut in one third.
- Such pruning is carried out in the next season after landing.
- So, if the plants were planted in the spring, then in the fall the first pruning will be carried out.
- The purpose of the formation is to give the hedge the desired profile and increase the density of the branches.
- Don’t bother to give the hedge the right rectangular shape on the cut with flat tops and sides.
- With this form, the lower shoots lack light, unmask and die.
- It is desirable that the height of the hedge was much larger than the width.
Make haircut of hedge
- The first forming haircut of foliage fuses should be done by the 2nd year after planting plants.
- In young plants, no more than 1/3 of the annual rise in shoots is cut, and in mature plants, branches are cut to half the rise.
- The unnecessary length is removed, making a scythe over a well-developed kidney.
- When forming rectangular shapes, the side branches of hedges must be cut lower than the apex.
Remember that the timely timely haircut stimulates the growth of new branches with larger leaves
Tapered hedge haircut
If the hedge has lost its beautiful appearance and decorativeness, it is necessary to apply measures to restore it.
- In the first year, a deep haircut is made on one side of the hedge, retreating 10 cm from the barrel.
- In the second year, a deep haircut is performed on the opposite side.
After each haircut, the plant is recommended to water the soil plentifully, fertilize it and cover it with peat, bark or mowed grass – this will contribute to a good and faster recovery of plants
RIGHT AVAILABLE WRITING OF SYGROUNING – Dry cut old weak branches, as well as those shoots affected by pests.
Haircut of hedges from Hawthorn
- To create such a hedge, seedlings of the 2nd year are cut at a height of 15 cm from the ground, and then by growing parts leave one or two, cutting all the others.
- Until the hedge grows to the desired height, the new shots will shoot together.
- The hedge haircut is made every summer and spring.
Haircut from Türquoil hedge
- The Turkille haircut must begin as early as possible at the time when plant plants moved to growth.
- First, only the tips of the shoots are cut off slightly after the branches have grown by 15 cm, the procedure is repeated. This phase of preparing the crown for the formation takes 2 years.
- Then you can continue to form the hedge profile. The most optimal form of the profile is Trapez.
It is necessary to maintain the shape of the hedge with frequent regular haircuts 3-6 times a season from May to September. __________________________________________
Autumn haircut of the hedge. How and what to cut a hedge in the fall?
A hedge, i.e. a dense green wall, which was built from healthy bushes that are planted near each other near each other, is a beautiful and practical element of the home landscape. It not only decorates the garden, but also isolates it from noise and wind. In addition, he protects against the views of neighbors or passer s-by.
How can you take care of this unique plant so that it likes the eye all year round and does its functions well? First, cut regularly.
Why cut a hedge in autumn?
The regulatory haircut is particularly important for loose hedge that looks like a series of naturally growing plants with wonderful leaves and decorative colors. It mainly consists of bushes:
- prickly (for example Hawthorn, rose hips),
- evergreen shrubs (for example selected types of Thuja),
- Flower (for example Norwegian Tavula, Jasmine, Wonderwoman).
Such an original “living fence” increases the aesthetic value of the garden, but only for a few weeks – during flowering. Then he has to help maintain the right shape and the attractive leaves. Unfortunately, only a few of the shrubs, which are intended for unfounded hedge, retain their impeccable shape. Exceptions from the rule are:
- Lilac Meyer,
- Small plum,
- Barberis Tunberg,
- Coral viburnum compactum.
Most species and varieties of shrubs that were unattended, with the possibility of uncontrolled growth are hamph. Many shoots grow in the right direction and overlapping branches. In addition, several years after planting the flower zone, they move into the upper (younger, better illuminated) parts of the plants.
Hagebotte, Thuja and Jasmine are examples of shrubs that should be selected for a hedge that gives their home landscape an original character.
Źródło: Adobe share
The only thing to do is to rejuvenate the hedge and make a sanitary trimming. It is to remove the oldest, thick branches, as well as excessively thickened shoots.
- restores the bushes in its correct form,
- limited the excessive growth of shrubs,
- It stimulates the plants into flower in the following years.
In the line, thanks to which you give the bushes the desired shape, it is only intended for the formed hedge. They should be carried out as often as this type of plants requires.
- strengthens and compacts the plant,
- gives the plant the desired shape,
- Supports the hedge in perfect condition.
Which shrubs are best suited for the shaped hedge? Check!
Top 5 formed hedges
When planning a formative haircut, take into account the growth rate (growth rate) of bushes from which a hedge consists of. So it will be easier to keep it under control in the planned form.
When do a hedge – in autumn?
First, on time, i.e. from September to mi d-November. The process itself should be carried out on a warm and sunny day – without precipitation (the sky can be covered with clouds, it is important that there is no rain).
However, do not delay yourself at the last moment due to the rapidly deteriorated weather conditions. The closer in winter, the less chances for the aura, the beneficiaries for the care of plants in the house. In November, maintaining a hedge can be prevented due to cool and frequent rainfall (or wet snow).
Working under such conditions is dangerous and ineffective. The wounds that remain from cuts on wet shoots instead of healing. Which will significantly weaken the condition of both the individual bushes and the entire hedge. According to damage, air – it reduces the resistance of the bushes and makes them vulnerable to diseases.
How do I cut a hedge in autumn?
1. educated hedge
Classic hedge with a shape of the cros s-section, usually trapeze. It is wider at the base and already above (the sides of the base upwards are slightly tipped inside). And this means that all parts of the plant (including drives that grow directly on the ground) have free access to light. As a result, the hedge grows perfectly – it branches off well from the base and is covered with leaves or needles that are stained evenly over the entire surface.
To achieve this effect before cutting every 2-3 meters between the bushes, use quite high inserts and pull the cord on them.
Cut of a formed low hedge (less than 1 m):
- Cut the living fence at the top and shorten 2/3 this year this year, this year,
- Cut off all the shoots that glue over a stretched rope,
- Form the edges of the hedge according to your point of view (for example round).
A haircut of the formed hedge, medium high (from 1 m to 2 m) and high (more than 2 m):
- Remove unnecessary shoots from the side edges (grow outside the hedge).
- Roice the upper part of the hedge.
A conical hedge is not less common. For example, conifers are formed.
Shado w-loving shrubs like Tisa can in turn have the shape of a rectangle – the figure is just as popular as the trapeze and cone mentioned. Then the shoots at the base only have a limited easy access, but this does not prevent it from growing normally.
Autum n-circumcision of hedges from Thuja
- In short, the shoots (protrudes according to the natural shape of the plant) by 1-2 cm.
TUI (especially varieties: atrovirens, Brabant, zebrin) due to the very fast growth you should keep it under control; If you are up to you, you will grow very intensely both in length and width. For too long, branches begin to fall over the overlaps that plants lose their right dense shape.
A large, slim bump – Thuja “Emerald” – one of the most popular Thuja that were selected for a spectacular hedge.
Źródło: Adobe share
The first cut from Hedges from Thuja should only be produced if the bushes reach a height of at least 1.5 meters. By carrying out this procedure before the bushes grow to the desired height, it can be damaged forever – you can have problems with regeneration, you will lose the growth strength and not thicken as well as possible.
Autum n-hedges from TIS
- In short, the young shots in the middle of the growth of last year (about 0.5 cm above a healthy and strong kidney), so that they are no longer than 10 cm.
Cutting is too long and at the same time branches and thin shoots can give the bushes back the right, beautifully compacted shape.
- Cut the hedge over it and remove the shoots that grow above the height of the cord that extends along the tips of the bushes.
Young bushes do not require a sharp cut. It is sufficient to shorten the growing side shots a little, weak and thin branches (especially developed in the medium part of the plants) and damaged (damaged patients) branches.
TIS creates a very nice compact and dense hedge. This is the best way to solve and relax in the garden, without fear of curious views.
Źródło: Adobe share
A very old or incorrectly wel l-produced hedge from TIS requires a radical pruning. The neglect is documented by the number of inclined (often rotting or infected diseases). Make sure to cut them all by making a cut near the barrel. In the first weeks of spring, new shoots are rebounded, so that the hedge will be beautifully branched and thickened evenly.
2. Unormal hedge
It is much easier to take care of an unformated hedge because it does not require regular pruning. The autumn season is not necessary. An X rays of the plant can only be produced in spring by removing all old branches from the bushes in the lower part. In short, the boys shoot 2/3 of the length.
Scissors for hedges
Is used to cut high hedges. Stigas Muti tool, including STM 24 AE (coaching and co-co-engine). With a light priest on an extension cable, you can cut the tips of the bushes safely without climbing the stairs. What is expressed in great work; Switch the hedge in a natural position without striving for your shoulders and arms. A quick and accurate removal of unnecessary branches is possible thanks to a 20-centimeter guide at a speed of 6.7 m/s.
Scissors for hedges are included in the Stig a-wireless multifunctional tool. This means that you can use it safely, without a regular – comfortable – without pain in the spine and shoulders – and arrange the hedge professionally.
They are ideal for removing unnecessary shoots in hedges with medium height. Stiga priest.
Due to the system of extinguishing vibrations, you can work much more efficiently: with minimal efforts without unnecessary breaks. If you use it, shorten the time required for trimming and the formation of hedges to a minimum. More precisely cut is achieved due to double blades with laser sharpening. With the protection of the knife tip, you can freely reach every corner of the hedge (even if it grows near the walls or along a traditional fence) without damaging the risk of the machine.
The property of electrical and accumulative violations is harmless to the environment (lack of smoke) and conveniently (lack of noise that violates the surrounding space). The complete control over the device is ensured by an ergonomic handl e-a soft handle that can be rotated in 3 or 5 positions by 180 degrees (depending on the CO operator model). What is expressed in the simplicity of work; They remove the additional shoots of the hedge towards their growth.
Lightweight pruners (electric or cordless) are useful for trimming low hedges. Use the convenient handle to trim unwanted shrubs in the direction of growth. This is how you quickly restore your naturally beautiful shape!
Small cordless hedge trimmers like the STIGA SGM 102 AE are best suited for trimming and shaping small hedges up to 1 meter high. The device is equipped with interchangeable blades, one of which (with a cutting length of 180 mm) is specially designed for hedge trimming. It also has a rotating handle and electric and cordless pruning shears. You can rotate it 180 degrees in 3 positions (vertical, horizontal or at an angle).
A small and handy cordless shears is all you need to effectively form hedges from small bushes. Especially if you can cut the shoots in the direction of growth (vertically, horizontally or diagonally).
Cordless shears are also suitable for cutting and shaping large-leaved hedges, e.g. B. evergreen laurel trees. Trimming with larger, wider blades can damage (tear) the delicate leaf blades. Damaged leaves turn brown and die, and the hedge loses its natural beauty.
Only a well-tended hedge – healthy, dense, well-branched – does its job well: decorates the backyard landscape, provides privacy when relaxing in the garden. It also protects against strong winds and insulates from the hustle and bustle.
One of the forms of autumn care for this unique plant is pruning of shrubs (sanitary, shaping). They should be done before the first frost so there is no time to lose. That’s why STIGA is in hand! Together we can cut the last hedge of the season in no time; We produce them on schedule, according to horticultural art and with minimal effort.